In today’s fast-paced marketing world, you must appreciate who your consumers are and how they live. Only then can you deliver a product that improves their lives.
To get this critical information, today’s marketers should adhere to the following pronciples:
- Put the consumer at the center of everything you do: Understand thier needs, wants, desires. Learn how they live, where they work, and how they shop.
- Open up your organization: Seek out information from any and all sources – employees, consumers, supplier, industry organizations, etc. More is better.
- Make sustainable organic growth a priority: Organic growth is less risky than acquired growth.
- Organize around innovation: Develop and run a disciplined development, qualification, and commercialization process to ensure delivery of new and different products.
- Think about innovation in new ways: Open your mind to new ideas. Be creative.
“Easier said than done,” you say? Yes. Many times it is hard to meet the challenge internally. That is why professional marketing firms like Markatalyst exist: to help with these difficult challenges.