So, you finally got your CEO to buy-in on an ad campaign. Great. Now what?
Once you finishing scrambling around to find creative agencies, media placement firms, and Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) numbers for your target publications, you need to think about what a "good" ad should be.
In short, a "good" ad creates attention, interest, desire, and action. To be effective, an ad should:
- Be simpe, clear, and concise
- Strenghten your brand
- Speak to your target audience
- Contain a call to action
It should contain the following elements:
- Headline/caption/title/slogan at top 1/3 of page
- Company name/logo
- Contact Info for call to action
- Compelling graphics
- Text: clear, concise, and short
Once you have the right combination of all these elements, make sure your ad passes the "two second test" — if a viewer does not "get it" in two seconds, try again.