Unless you are a true Marketing wonk, you are going out tonight. Good for you. Toast the past year’s successes, put the year’s disappointments to bed, and celebrate new beginnings.
Here are some tips to make your night truly memorable:
- Dress to impress – It’s New Year’s Eve: be flashy, but fashionable. There’s certainly a digital camera around to catch any "wardrobe malfunctions."
- Get organized – Keep your ID, money and other essentials close at hand. Don’t dampen the festivities with a missing wallet or purse.
- Indulge a little – But not too much. Drink water between cocktails, pace yourself, and enjoy the fancy hors d’oeuvres or dinner, as well as your favorite libations.
- Mix and mingle – Meet a new friend. At midnight, don’t find yourself talking to the same person as you were at 7:00, unless you’re sure you want them to be your New Year’s kiss.
- Set yourself up for 2006 – If you’re single, be sure to make your way over to the person you want to see more of in 2006 before the countdown to the New Year begins.
- End the night right – Designate a driver, hire a taxi or a limo, or stay in a hotel near your party destination.
Happy New Year!!